Friday, February 20, 2009
Insomnia
I'm back and totally jetlagged. I'm using all my extra night hours to catch up on the past fifteen years of This American Life (I'm so behind). It's good to be home. I have no complaints about my job right now. I love what I'm doing, and I love to talk about it, probably too much. (The surprising difficulty of HIV transmission is not the most stimulating bar conversation for some, nor how insecticide treated bed nets are slowing the spread of malaria all over Africa...) The only unforeseen consequence has been physical, surprisingly. I've taken seven vaccines since September, and I'm midway through my second six week stint of antibiotics (malaria prophylaxis). Despite the chemicals pumping through my veins and the soreness from carting around my possessions on these twenty-hour travels, I'm doing okay and glad to feel home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're such an adventurer! I'm so glad you're enjoying it :)
time to start posting???
I second Anonymous! :) new posts, please!
-cat
Post a Comment