My time at home was spent in large part finishing up the final touches on this year- long project of earning a graduate degree. Now that all the papers have been turned in, the comments collected, and the books just waiting to be sent to DC for the fall, I've found it a little anti-climactic to be done.
I did have some time to slow down and enjoy the farm and the lake too. I saw my entire family and some of my extended family. I visited a civil war re-enactment and the Kree Mee where I first worked. I tried out my new pool cue drinking dollar beers in Geneseo, and beat my dad so badly at 8-ball he'll probably never want to play again. Toby Keith and Rascal Flatts replaced Wolf Parade and Jens Lekman in my musical repertoire, and I ate meat three times a day. (Good bye vegan experimentation.) Life was really good.
Now it's off to DC and then to Alanya. The say Alayna is the place where fun goes to get really tan and learn how to speak Turkish. (Good bye University of Chicago.)





Three times a day, baby. That's right.
3 comments:
Don't forget your bug-hunting expedition with Maya!
Obviously those dollar beers affected your memory as well as your pool shoooting. My recolection is that we had to shoot for 3 hours before I missed a shot. Also you were so distracted by those Geneseo farm boys, that you didn't concentrate as well as I did. Dad
Dad, I've gotten a lot of mileage out of the story of how you killed a bunny with a rock the morning we drove to the airport. My punchline: "So, at 4:30 in the morning, right at the break of day, my dad was already outside, stoning rabbits."
It has prompted at least one person to say he would be afraid to date me.
Post a Comment