Well, almost. I still have my final exams to turn in (aka "write") but right now, I'm home sweet home, chilling on the border of North and South Dakota, feeling better and more relaxed than I have in awhile. (Maybe since my trip to DC)
A nine-month marathon of classes, relationships, job hunting, coop politics, stressful fraternity neighbors (I once wrote a post about them, but decided to delete it since it included profanity) is now over.
Last week, a friend of mine provided the following thought experiment: "If you knew," she asked "that you would have to start again fresh from orientation tomorrow, what would you do? Would you do this year again?"
If I knew it would turn out the way it has, definitely. I am looking forward to a summer on the Turkish Mediterranean, a great job in the fall, and leaving behind some of the best friends of my life. If I knew how many hours I would log in the library... maybe I'd be more hesitant, but I think graduate school is not about fun. It's okay to have periods in your life where fun, for the most part, is on life support. I'm glad I'm finished with this phase of my life, if for no other reason than I'm just so excited about the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment