Saturday, August 11, 2007

Berlin!



Cascading thunderstorms, overpowering winds, the wrong type of dressy shoes, and only one umbrella for the three of us. We were laid low by the trials and tribulations of this capital city's feckless weather. Not that it stopped these fearless sightseers. On we went, into the best organized public transit system I have ever used, determined to view the Reichstag, brave Brandenburg gate, and stroll arm and arm down Under den Linden contemplating Communism's end and the fall of the Berlin Wall.

In the end, the weather proved too powerful an adversary. Museum bouncers refused our entrance to the Pergamon. Apparently we didn't look "cultual" enough. (Just kidding, the museum was simply full of other drenched souls trying to escape the rain into the warmth of ancient memories.)

We took haven in a book shop with a great English section and then came home to take naps and make some carrot cake (random but delightful.) Tomorrow's sights await our viewing pleasure. Today was just a test run, a prep for the real deal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't fool with Mother Nature! Glad you are safe and sound! LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

Andrea... where are you.... MOM>>>>

Andrea said...

Mom! I am okay! I promise!! I just didn't have internet access. Love you!
Andrea