I'm back in Chicago and reflecting a little bit on 2007. One year ago, I rang in the New Year at the Black Cat in DC. This year, I celebrated 2008 in Chicago, in a much-less glitzy style thanks to some under-the-weather blues.
In between these two nights, I moved all of my worldly possessions five times; I lived with 24 different people (including my current 14 roomies!); and I utilized public transportation more than any other period of my life, getting around DC, Chicago, and cities in eight other countries thanks to planes, trains, and buses (no automobiles).
Now that my feet are firmly planted in one location for the next six months, I'm going to explore Chicago a little more. I've made my way around most of the city's music venues, but now I think I need to branch out. My gallery attendant's badge provides free access to museums all over the country for me and my guests. (Yet another incentive to visit!) I would love to see and experience more of Chicago's culture, I guess that's my new year's resolution. (Well, that and finishing my Master's thesis....)
No comments:
Post a Comment