Jasper John's exhibition at the Chicago Art Institute could not be more apt. The city is indeed gray right now. The weather is alarmingly warm, but skies are cloudy and the skyline melts into an abyss of neutral hues when I crane my neck downtown.
I am well on my way to completing my New Year's resolutions. (I've resolved to set only attainable goals.) Last week, I visited the Art Institute, had lunch at the John Hancock Center, and walked the Magnificent Mile to Navy Pier. Much like my condensed graduate program, (Get your degree in nine months! Nine classes! Only $58,000!) I've condensed my sightseeing to hit most of the highlights, knowing that once winter quarter starts, I'll be loathe to leave Hyde Park... and the library.
Lunch at the Signature Restaurant in the John Hancock Center would have provided a great view with the great buffett, but we picked the wrong day to dine along the city's skyline. Here's the view from on high... rather gray, but sort of hilarious. If you find yourself in the Hancock Center on a clear day, get the best view of the city from the ladies restroom in the Signature Lounge on the top floor.

Here's some pictures of Chicago in the winter:


I am well on my way to completing my New Year's resolutions. (I've resolved to set only attainable goals.) Last week, I visited the Art Institute, had lunch at the John Hancock Center, and walked the Magnificent Mile to Navy Pier. Much like my condensed graduate program, (Get your degree in nine months! Nine classes! Only $58,000!) I've condensed my sightseeing to hit most of the highlights, knowing that once winter quarter starts, I'll be loathe to leave Hyde Park... and the library.
Lunch at the Signature Restaurant in the John Hancock Center would have provided a great view with the great buffett, but we picked the wrong day to dine along the city's skyline. Here's the view from on high... rather gray, but sort of hilarious. If you find yourself in the Hancock Center on a clear day, get the best view of the city from the ladies restroom in the Signature Lounge on the top floor.
Here's some pictures of Chicago in the winter:


3 comments:
whoa. fun. kristi and andrea, together again.
ps: are you set on coming back to dc after chicago? you wouldn't consider a trip march 29 for a wedding, would you?
Wierd. Yesterday was the 6th? And today is the 14th? Bizarre.
Gray is dismal... but at least it's above freezing. Everything turns white when it's below zero! At Frostbite Falls, South Dakota it's 20 below zero tonight! Now that's dismal...
Post a Comment