I moved again on Sunday! This is my fifth move since May. Each time, my living situation seems to get a little bit more idiosyncratic. I am particularly excited about my new place. It's a co-op!! That means I am living in a mansion on campus with 14 other people. Seriously, a mansion. There's a separate maid's staircase and living quarters, (which no longer serves its original purpose...)
Unlike traditional co-ops, alpha gamma doesn't buy and cook food together. It's really nice, however, to share the kitchen, dining, and living spaces. I really enjoy living in community (except in convents) and I think this going to be great! Plus it's right across the street from the library, my secondary home on campus, and really close to the gym. Basically, I now travel solely within one square mile in Hyde Park.
I was driven from my last apartment by persistent frisbee parties, occasional mice murders, and a wayward squirrel that I believe is probably still in the kitchen. Things are really only going to improve, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment