Saturday, September 1, 2007

Finally Really Home



After a week long Minnesota vacation/jet lag recovery, I returned to my ancestral home (no really, it's a "Hundred year" farm) yesterday. We may not have a surfeit of amenities in South Dakota, but we definitely have the prettiest views, biggest yards, and best tasting sausages. Take that, Wien.

I was hoping to drive my Dad's El Camino while home, but it turns out we traded it in, for a dock at the lake. (?) If I had my CDL, I would fee like a bad ass driving some of my dad's other daily vehicles.


But then again, that would never happen, since the only driving I have done in the past nine months was a trip to the mall in my sister's chevy Malibu to buy fuschia flats at Charlotte Rouse. I make no claim to farming credentials, but I do have a serious appreciation for the awesome farm implements outside my front door.

No comments: