Wednesday, June 6, 2007

First Day of Internship!


Today begins the substantive portion of my summer vacation -- work with the International Helsinki Federation for Human Rights. Things look good so far! I think I´ll have lots of research opportunities, and I am hoping to do some travel for the job as well. Coincidently, I am working for the IHF as it celebrates its 25th anniversary! I´m helping with the history project. Who knew my background helping to compile and publish a history of the Office of Rural Health Policy would come in handy so soon!

I´m surprised by how much I have enjoyed getting back in a structured office setting! (This probably won´t last long....) However, it is nice to have near constant access to email again. My office is very close to the convent, a definite plus, and I won´t need to start my work day until 10:00!

No comments: