(Okay, truth be told, I am a little culturally shocked by my current living arrangements in the convent, but I think I would have trouble adjusting to any convent anywhere, not just one in Europe! But I'm soon to move into an apartment! I'll be singing "Bye, Bye, Bye" like Justin and the boys soon!)
This is not to say that there aren't some noteworthy digressions between my new home and the city I lived in most recently, Washington, DC. In fact, there's one thing in particular I have been pointing out, laughing at, and trying to surreptitiously take photos of: male fashion. What I love the most, fanny packs and mullets.
I am still trying to discern whether these chaps are being ironic. I think not. Mullet hunting has been easy so far. That is, finding subjects has been easy.
Snapping photos of people without looking like sort of a jerk, not as easy. However, for the cultural understanding this is producing, I think it's worth it. Long live the mullet! And thank God for the fanny pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment