Saturday, June 16, 2007

Budapest!




Another weekend brings another roadtrip, this time to Hungary, a place my guide book describes as "off the beaten path, but not by much..." Budapest (pronounced Budapesht, which makes me feel self-conscious) is slightly larger than Vienna, and from what I have seen so far is both beautiful and fun. Granted, I haven't yet spent a weekend in Wien, but the clubs we visited last night have set the bar high for my expectations of Vienna's nightlife next week. The music here continues to crack me up. I entered the bar to the sounds of Smash Mouth's All Star, slowdanced to George Michael, and had my beer spilled on me during some good old American disco. Totally worth it!


I am traveling again with a group of UN interns, my friend Menaka and her friends. This time we have a local guide, Monika, a Hungarian friend of a friend showing us the sights. First-hand expertise of the city is priceless! We're about to head out for a day of sights and then a Hungarian birthday bash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, try the hungarian goolash, its yummy.:) dad

Andrea said...

I will... if I get HUNGARY!!!