It's my third trip to Zambia, and every time I like Lusaka more and more. It's a really quiet city, but it's easy to drive around, and lush with trees and flowers and well-manicured streets. I've heard it called the Garden City of Africa.
I left today for the weekend to travel by plane to Livingstone. It was a quick trip and within twenty minutes of landing, I was settled in my hotel and hiking to the Falls. Where I'm staying is situated on the National Park itself, which makes exploring the Falls and spotting zebra really convenient. As I maneuvered in my directionally challenged way along the path to the falls, local Zambians intervened, suggesting that the nicer views were actually in the exact opposite direction of the path. They then proceed to follow the hapless tourists skipping over mudflats, sharing fun facts about the falls (200 meters tall!) and asking for $20 for getting you lost.
I turned down my guide and made my way on the path. I have some great pictures, which I'll actually post this time.
After the falls, and the pool, and a sunset walk in the park, I'm ready to call it a night. Tomorrow, I'm riding an elephant.
3 comments:
So glad to hear what you are up to! Post the pics! The girls will love to see them! See you soon. LOVE MOM
And I want to hear about your elephant ride!
How about some pictures from Hotel Rawanda????
Post a Comment