Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back By Popular Demand?

Okay, my mom and one other person inquired about the blog's long hiatus. It's true. I've let twentysteady languish and have posted no pics of January's trip to the Bahamas, March travels in South Africa, or my current odyssey through South Africa, Zambia, and Uganda. For this last one, I forgot my camera, which leaves me with fewer visuals, more text, and less incentive to post.

I'm realizing as I'm typing that I've actually missed writing twentysteady. So to all seven of my readers, I'm back! Hopefully with more frequent postings than last time. One of the most major changes in my life since December was my upgrade to Gold Medallion status as a Delta flyer. On this trip, I've spent about six hours alone in various business class lounges (DC, Amsterdam, Johannesburg.) I love free mini sandwhiches, and I love business class lounges. (Don't worry, tax payers - I fly coach.)

We spent last week in Cape Town, and I actually have some photos to post later. It was winter in Cape Town (a handy reference would have been www.weather.com I didn't think to check it and packed only summer dresses) One trip to woolworth's later, and I was prepared for the chill. I loved the wine tasting, trying out exotic cousine throughout the city's fresh, local restaurant scene, and our super cool mod hotel. This was all after a work conference however, so it was definitely a balance of work and fun. (Probably heavier on the work side.) Zambia has been nice because I've been here before and I'm starting to know people from the different spots I travel, which is awesome because it's like catching up with friends all over the world, instead of traveling solo. One more day before Uganda and I'm heading to the field.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Welcome back! I can't wait for pictures too :)

Anonymous said...

We've missed your posting!!!! R U sure you don't have more fans that 7??

Nina said...

I am so glad you are back. I love traveling vicariously through you.