Thursday, May 8, 2008

May Days

A full month with no postings! I am behind, but April was a really great month! I visited my longstanding, on again - off again love, Washington, DC, and in the process reunited with what felt like all my friends and family. (Althought if you're reading this and didn't see me, you'll probably know that wasn't the case.) As soon as my plane touched down, I knew I was home. I love Washington, DC, although sometimes our relationship has been tense. One semester I attempted a long distance relationship while working on Capitol Hill and was miserable. Last year, I had the most fun of my entire life with amazing friends, work, and community, which made going back to Chicago this time seem like cruel joke. (Not that it's really all that bad....) The U of C really is not so bad, but graduate school pales in comparison to the life of a working professional. The grass may always be greener, but I have a strong sensation my reunion with DC in the fall is going to feel so good (just like peaches and the herb said it would).

While in DC, I visited some of my favorite places (wonderland, open city), walked the Asia trail at the zoo, had enchiladas at La Loma, and got a tan at Eastern Market. I even have pictures! Just no time to post yet. I have another month of graduate school and then it's time to rekindle my relationship with this city, DC, this time as a real grown up with two degrees! :)

No comments: