Sunday, December 9, 2007

Abu Dhabi via JFK - Dubai

I made it! My flight touched down on Emirate soil six hours ago. Flying Emirates Air was really quite nice. The in-flight entertainment was incredibly in-depth, more music and movie selections than I could really handle, and I listened to some great albums -- start to finish. (Including Remain in Light.)

I was a little worried about landing in Dubai and needing to be at our first meeting in Abu Dhabi tomorrow, but luckily a chauffeur awaited us and swept us across the desert night lit by fantastic sky scrapers, Western-style businesses and shops, and the stars, I think, when I could see them amidst the glare of booming Dubai.

Already, it's been incredibly interesting and even, relaxing. The perfect, perfect antidote to finals week! (Plus, room service, spa, pool, etc.. .at the Hilton Dubai). As a under-nourished, sleep deprived grad student, I'm just trying to keep my cool and not fall on my knees in gratitude to our amazing hosts!

6 comments:

Gustavo Bonato said...

What are you doing there?

Benjamin said...

Nice to see you got there safely. Did you enjoy "Remain in Light"? I'll pass it on to Jonathan.

Anonymous said...

YEAHH!! AWESOME TIMES!

Anonymous said...

It's going to be hard to keep you down on the farm after you've been to Abu Dhabi! Dad

patricia said...

Wow! I'm so glad you are enjoying your time. This is the first time I have checked out your blog; i love it! You have an amazing writing style that makes we want to read more and more. I love your descriptions.

cps said...

andrea-- it was so great to read all of your descriptions and hear about UAE. Sounds AMAZING and sounds like you made the most of your time. xoxo,
Carolyn P.