I am not a pessimist. Really, it takes a lot for me to start to get down about things, but today my sunny outlook has been sorely tested. I awoke to a startling message on my lap top, which I've learned from the blogosphere is the dreaded blue screen of death.
"Computer memory failed. All files deleted."
Oh my God. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Yes. My hard drive has failed. It's finals week, and my saving grace is a three inch mini flash drive upon which I've backed up my final exams. Ususaly my optimism prevents me from taking precautions like backing up important files. (optimism... stupidity....whatever) but luckily I have almost all my Word Documents safely stored on a tiny plastic peice of heaven. I cannot lose this flashdrive or my life will be over.
Reading through the blogs did assuage my guilt some. It seems all hard drives fail it's just a question of when. My advice, gentle readers, back up your files. Otherwise your computer might betray you at the worst possible moment.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment