Monday, October 15, 2007

Less Money for Rent = More Money for Other Things

I have shared the story of my low low rents far and wide and it's true. Living in a co-op only costs me $190, all supplies and laundry included. (Awesome roommates ... priceless.)

Unfortunately, I found other ways to spend those extra hundreds, directly to my friendly Verizon representative, in fact. Somehow I managed to run a $200 phone bill last month! This is unheralded in my life. Never, ever, can I even remember significantly going over my allotted 450 minutes. Last month, however, I used roughly 1200 minutes! If you're reading this and wondering why we haven't spoken lately, I am wondering the same thing. I spent 27 hours on my phone in September.

This is patently ridiculous. How could I have had time to do that? Even worse, I couldn't use my phone until I moved to Chicago! Oh man, this is the last time I let Verizon stick it to me. I am checking those minutes assiduously from now on. Also, I may text even more, further endearing myself to our technologically equipped society.

No comments: