So, it has been really great to spend time with my family! My grandmother has been studying our family geneaology in Holland and Germany. She and my grandfather arrived via train from Eutigen, the town where my great great great (I think it's triple great....) grandfather was born. An accomplished web designer at the Village/retirement party where they live, she's documented our family tree online. If you think you might be related to me, but are not sure, my grandmother is the go-to person for that information.
I picked them up at the train stop and we had dinner at a traditional Viennese Kellar, the Augustiner Kellar, between the Augustiner church, where many of the Hapsburgs married, and the Albertina Art Museum. Taking advantage of the Kellar's rep for excellent traditional Viennese cuisine, we ordered gulash, zwiebelrostbraten (roast beef with onions), and leberknodelsuppe. Our outdoor table overlooked the Monument Against War and Fascism. Afterwards, despite their exhaustion, they indulged my wish to have a sachertorte at the Hotel Sacher, which was literally across the street. I love grandparents! We are having fun, and today we moved into the house where I'll be housesitting for two weeks.
This brings me to two important points, first if anyone wants to sublet my tiny room in the apartment with Marco and Emu, you can, for only 10 euros a night! Second, if anyone needs me to housesit pretty much any where at any time, I would love to and I can provide references and baked goods.
I love this apartment! It's in the 19th district, a posh neighborhood close to the Heurigen wine district. Plus, I am surrounded by amazing books! I may not emerge for the entire two weeks, choosing instead to read my way through this house's fabulous library! And I now have a cat, Nelson, in my care. It's a great deal for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment